Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The CW Welcomes Buffy Back this Fall

All right, so we've done the big boys, time for little brother. The CW is the bastard child of TV. It has however managed to be slowly claw it's way into quite a bit of viewership in the last few years, especially with the ever sought after younger viewer. With shows like Gossip Girl, which is really just a younger skin on Sex in the City, and Vampire Diaries, aka the TV version of Twilight, drawing the the teen, tween, and young adult audiences. This year is no different. The network is, again, skewing young with most of its offerings including several reality shows. I'm just going to stick with scripted offerings however.

After the success of Vampire Diaries it should be no surprise that another teen supernatural drama would be on the way. I really found the little bit of what I watched of Vampire Diaries pretty fun and entertaining and I can see the same in The Secret Circle. Just another take on the high school drama with a supernatural twist. Think The Craft meets Buffy. I think I am going to give this one a shot.

Here's the is a show that is top five on my list for this year easily. Sarah Michelle Gellars (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) return to TV comes in the form of Ringer, a suspense thriller that has caught some eyes so far. I think the dark tone and twin storyline look great and I for one am very excited about this one.

And finally, Doc Hollywood was a horrible movie. So why not make one for TV? Who the hell thinks of this shit?

So overall I think that the CW is staying the course which is probably best for the fledgling network. I think two of the three shows will end up showing well for them and that's a pretty good showing. As always you can leave feedback in the comments or hit me up on twitter, @Jlove89. Also feel free to click the assorted social media thingys below to help spread the word. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment